Makakilo Hawaii Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location and Map:
- 92-900 Makakilo Dr Kapolei HI 96707 United States
- Tuesday:9:00am-12:00pm, and 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday:9:00am-12:00pm and 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Thursday:9:00am-12:00pm and 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Saturday: By appointment only and upon availability of staff. Leave a message on FHC phone for time date of appointment.
Holiday Schedule: All Federal Holidays Closed. The center will be closed from Tuesday, November 22 to Thursday November 24.
Closed last 2 weeks of December and 1st week in January. Closed 1st weekend in April and October for General Conference. The Family History Center is staffed by volunteers. The center's hours may be subject to change without notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings:
- Staff training on the first Tuesdays of the month from 6:30pm to 8:00pm in the family history center.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- We offer our patrons the use of our computers, microfilm/microfiche readers, and printers for genealogical research.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.