FYROM (Macedonia) Beginner's Corner Getting Started
Back to FYROM (Macedonia)Page►
Begin with family and home sources. Look for names, dates, and places on certificates, family Bibles, obituaries, diaries, and similar sources. Ask your relatives for any additional information they may have. It's likely that your second cousin, great-aunt, or other relative already has some family information. Organize the information you find, and record it on pedigree charts and family group records.
Select a specific relative or ancestor born in FYROM (Macedonia)for whom you know at least a name, the village or parish where he or she lived in Macedonia, and an approximate date when he or she was born there. It is also very helpful to know the names of other family members born in Macedonia.
As you look over your family group records, or pedigree charts, ask yourself “What do I want to find next?” Common goals might be:
- The last person on a specific line of your pedigree chart
- A missing parent on the family group record
- A gap between the birth years of the children on a family group record (a wide enough gap that there may be missing children in between siblings)
- Finding the last children to the parents (during the mothers’ child bearing years)
- To find the birth date and place for an individual listed on the family group record without one
- Locating the marriage date and place for the parents on a family group record