Macclesfield England Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Closed until further notice due to Covid 19 restrictions ![edit | edit source]
Wed : 12:30 - 2:30 & 7:00 - 9:00 pm - ( currently closed due to sickness )
Thur : 7:00 - 9:00 pm - Phone 01625 427236
Please contact us to make an appointment
Seasonal holiday closures apply during August and for Christmas and New Year
E-mail[edit | edit source]
The Macclesfield Family History Centre serves members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and anyone else interested in family history research.
There is a large car park including blue badge spaces near the entrance to the building which has level access throughout.
Assistance can be provided for any of the following topics:
1. Understanding the Search facilities of FamilySearch and the partner web sites.
2. Adding photos & stories to Family Tree.
3. Preparing and creating documents that can be added to Family Tree.
4. Adding sources found in FamilySearch records to Family Tree.
5. Creating and adding your own sources to Family Tree.
6. Ways in which youth can help their own and other ward families – census/BMD searching, scanning, adding photos, sources, stories.
7. Useful additional software – image editing, word processing, pdf printers/viewers, screen capture etc.
8. Different ways of keeping a backup of your Family Tree data and sources.
9. How to start your family history.
10. Finding duplicates in Family Tree and understanding the merge process.
11. Understanding the temple list and submission process in Family Tree.
12. Understanding the Family Tree Source Box.
13. Editing, correcting and adding new data to Family Tree.
14. Research methodology for the first 200 years of English & Welsh family history.
15. Any family history topic of your own choice.
Links[edit | edit source]
This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.