Luccombe, Somerset Genealogy
Guide to Luccombe, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Williton|
|Parish registers: 1653|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1594|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Taunton|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
LUCKHAM, or LUCOMBE, a village and a parish in Williton district, Somerset. The village stands 4 miles SW of Minehead, and 11 W of Watchet railway station. The parish contains also the hamlets of West Luckham, Doverhays, and Horner.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Luccombe, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (findmypast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|WEST = West Somerset Parish Register Transcriptions - free|
|Luccombe, Somerset Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72. Date accessed and adapted: 23 September 2013.
- 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 February 2014.
- 'Somerset Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 October 2013.
- 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- West Somerset Parish Register Transcriptions, accessed 21 October 2013.