Lower Withington, St Peter,Cheshire
From FamilySearch Wiki
Prestbury, St. Peter (C of E). The ancient parish church for Lower Withington.
Lower Withington, St. Peter. A chapel of ease to Chelford, St John Chelford, Cheshire, Built in 1891. Registers of Baptisms from 1882 are held at Chelford Church.
- Lower Withington, Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan). Built in 1808. Registers 1808–1837 are at the Cheshire Record Office. Microfilm of original records at the Public Record Office, London.
Births and baptisms, 1808-1837. Includes records for Prestbury. Withington also known as Lower Withington is a township in the parish of Prestbury.
Public Record Office no. : RG-4 series no. 553.
| Church records
|| FHL BRITISH Film 1482356 Item 1|
| Another filming. Salt Lake City ; Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1967. on 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm.
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
20053 Item 9
- Withington (Cheshire)- Wesleyan
Baptisms-1808-1837- MFPR 2271. Also searchable on-line. The Manchester Room and Greater Manchester County Record Office
- The Manchester Room@City Library (Local Studies)
- Lower Withington, Methodist Chapel (Primitive). Built in 1870, closed in 1957. Registers 1941–1954 are at the Cheshire Record Office.
Poor Law Unions
- Macclesfield (1837–1937)
- Cheshire East
- Registration events can be searched online at Cheshire BMD