Lovell Wyoming Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 50 West Main Street, Lovell, Wyoming 82431
- You can enter the FHC via the alley behind the Church. There is a large parking lot in this area. The FHC sign is on the glass exit doors, press the bell on the left for us to open the door.
- Sunday: 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Monday: 2:00pm to 4:00pm Local Library
- Tuesday: 2:00pm to 4:00pm & 6pm to 9pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am to 4:00pm and 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- Closed all National Holidays.
Calendar and Events
We offer over 300 free online classes covering every aspect of family history. Please let us know what you would like to be trained on!
Staff Training Meetings
The 1 Wednesday of each month, 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
- Our library has a lot of local area info from the pioneer families settling in the Big Horn Basin area.There are local and Wyoming histories, funeral programs going back over 50 years, local church records and cemetery listings.
- On permanent loan from the Family History Library in SLC are over 700 rolls of microfilm and several thousand micro fiche. Many times what you may want to order is already in our center.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Such as:
- Heritage Quest
Hardware and Equipment
- There are 9 flat screen computer work stations with high speed internet service for patron use. These are connected to a Lexmark laser printer for your printing needs. For those using microfilm or fiche in the library a Micro Design fiche reader is ready for use. When copies are needed of a film or fiche the Canon Microfilm Scanner 300 does the job.
- There is also ample table space for several personal laptop computers to be used with the high speed WIFI system in the center.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.