Lound, Suffolk Genealogy
|Hundred||Mutford and Lothingland|
|Poor Law Union||Mutford and Lothingland|
|Parish registers: 1696|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Suffolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
LOUND (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Mutford and Lothingland, E. division of Suffolk, 5 miles (N. W. by N.) from Lowestoft.
Lound St John the Baptist is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich and the county of Suffolk.
It is noted for both its medieval font and 20th century interior decoration.
If you live in Suffolk you will have access to a variety of resources at local archives and libraries; however, for those who live further afield, one can access microfilm and online records at Family History Centers. Refer to Lound and Suffolk in the FamilySearch Catalog for available records.
Lound, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FS PRs = England, Norfolk, Parish Registers, 1538-1900 (FamilySearch) - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Lound, Suffolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
The Parish Registers begin in ????. They can be viewed at the Suffolk Record Office. A copy of the registers from ???? to 1900 can be purchased from the Suffolk Record Office. For pre 1813 Bishop Transcript entries you will need to look in Lothington Deanry, Archdeaconry of Suffolk. See Suffolk Church Record for further details.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Prior to 1858 the primary court that had jurisdiction over Lound was the Archdeaconry of Suffolk; however, a person’s will or administration may have been probated in nearby courts or even in London. After 1858 it was in Ipswich District. Refer to the Suffolk Probate Records article for further details.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 179-182. Date accessed: 02 October 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
England Jurisdictions 1851