|Louisiana Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- Maps of Louisiana from MapofUS.org. Includes boundary changes map.
- Louisiana Digital Map Library.
- Newberry Library Atlas of Historical County Boundaries
Libraries at Louisiana State University have the most complete collection of maps for Louisiana. The Family History Library has a few historical maps, including maps of early land districts. Ward maps for New Orleans (1829, 1834, 1845, 1854, and 1898) are on FHL film 1377700 or fiche 6016695-99.
A helpful maps:
- County Parish Boundaries in Louisiana (New Orleans, Louisiana: Historical Records Survey, 1939 FHL film 1425651, item 5; book 976.3 E3h. This includes information on the laws affecting the development of the state.
- United States Census Bureau State and County Map. This map will allow you to zoom in on any state or county in the United States and read the names of all of the neighboring counties.
- State map of Louisiana showing the location of each Louisiana Parish is on Hearthstone Legacy.
Printable maps are also available from the National Atlas of the United States
- of Louisiana Collection Maps of Louisiana Collection | Original maps associated with French colonization