Longview Texas Family History Center
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 1700 Blue Ridge Parkway Longview TX 75605 United States
- Entrance to the FHC is around the back of the building.
- Look for a double door with "Family History Center Hours" posted on it.
- Push the button to the left of the door to speak with a FHC staff member, and we will come to the door for you.
- Tuesday:9:00am-1:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Monday 9:00 - 5:00 Tuesday 9:00 - 1 6:30 - 8:30 Wednesday 6:30 - 8:30
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Our physical book collection specializes in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Four (4) desktop computers with Internet access to the FHC Portal and premium websites
- Printer ($.10/page)
- Desktop scanner
- Microfilm (reel) viewer
- Microfiche viewer
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Longview Public Library - Genealogy Room
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.