Long Load, Somerset Genealogy
Guide to Long Load, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Long Load, Somerset|
Christs Church Long Load Somerset
|Poor Law Union||Yeovil|
|Parish registers: 1749|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Archives and Local Studies|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
LOAD, a chapelry, in the parish and hundred of Martock, union of Yeovil, W. division of the county of Somerset, 4½ miles (S. S. W.) from Somerton.
Long Load, eccl. dist. and hamlet, Martock par., Somerset - dist., pop. 336; hamlet, 4 miles SW, of Somerton; P.O.
Long Load is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Somerset, created in 1733 from chapelry in Martock, Somerset Ancient Parish.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Long Load, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|LONG LOAD PARISH Online Records|
|FREG||1784-1793, 1813-1822||1749-1805, 1837-1906||1784-1908|
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 23 September 2013.
- John Bartholomew Gazetteer of the British Isles. Date accessed and adapted: 23 September 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 16 October 2013.
- 'Somerset Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 October 2013.
- 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- Somerset Online Parish Clerks Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
- West Country Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
Contributor: add any additional relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.