Loma Rica California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This center is small but has a qualified staff eager to help patrons. If the hours are not convenient the staff will arrange to open the center for additional times.
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 11646 Hill Road, Loma Rica, California United States
- Park in the South parking lot and enter the double doors near the front of the building.
- The center is in the South East corner.
- There is parking and easy access for the handicapped.
Closed all major holidays, including the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Instruction is available on an individual basis.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- There are some reference books, microfilm and microfiche available.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center may have access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
This center has three computers, microfilm readers, microfiche readers, printers, and a copy machine.You may bring your own laptop or tablet.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
The staff has a variety of experience and would be happy to answer questions.
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
- Sacramento Regional Family History Center, 2745 Eastern Ave, Sacramento, CA, (916) 487-2090. Call for times.
- Yuba County Library, 303 Second Street, Marysville, CA, (530) 749-7380.
- Sutter County Library, 750 Forbes Ave, Yuba City, CA, (530) 822-7137
- California State Archives, 1020 O Street, Sacramento, CA, (916) 653-2246
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
Contact the center if you are interested in volunteering.