Logan Utah FamilySearch Library/Resources
|Logan FamilySearch Library|
|50 North Main|
|Mon: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm|
Tue-Thurs: 9:30 am – 9 pm
Fri - Sat: 9:30 am – 5 pm
Online Film Ordering
Click below for Past Versions of our Newsletters:
Hardware & Equipment
- 60 networked computer workstations with printer access
- Paper copier
- 4 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
- 1 microfiche/film scanner
- 2 Flatbed scanners with negative/slide templates
- 2 Auto Feed Photo Scanner with flatbed scanner
- Audio and visual recording equipment for video histories
- Main room has 20 computer stations for hands-on use by class members plus a computer, projector and teaching station for the instructor.
- Second room has 10 computer stations for hands-on use by class members plus a computer, projector and teaching station for the instructor.
- Both classrooms have printer access for all stations.
Logan FamilySearch Library has created an area where you can work with equipment consisting of a computer, scanner, printer and specialized software. With these resources you have the ability to:
- Scan photos and transfer them to a flash drive or to a DVD. You can also make printed copies. Use the software to edit, enhance, correct, add to, or delete unwanted material from a photograph. Spots, scratches, creases, faded colors and other defects can be easily corrected.
- Scan slides or negatives and print them on photo paper, or transfer them to your flash drive or DVD.
- Compose flyers, posters or other documents using the art and photo editing software.
- Create collages of photos and create photo albums. It is also possible to create different artistic effects on your photos such as borders, swirls, reflections and textures to name just a few. New photographs can also be "aged" by converting color photos to sepia, or black and white images.
- Convert your photo files from one format to another i.e., tiff to jpeg or visa versa.
Don't worry if you are not sure how to do all of this, there are members of the library staff who are trained in the use of this equipment, and they would be happy to help you!
Databases & Software
- Genealogy database software (Ancestral Quest, Legacy, RootsMagic)
- Charting software (Legacy Charting)
- Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software such as LibreOffice
- Photo editing software (IrfanView, XMView, and Canon Zoombrowser EX).
- Free access to several subscription sites through the FamilySearch Portal such as Ancestry.com, British Newspapers, Find-My-Past (UK), Footnote, Genline (Swedish), Heritage Quest, World Vital Records and others.
- Free internet access to the New England Historical and Genealogical Society (NEHGS) website
- Research aids such as Animap and Parish Locator
- Research databases such as Acadian-Cajun Family Trees, Australian Vital Records and Mormon Immigration Index.
- American Ancestors - Learning-Resources
- Ancestral Quest - Tutorials
- Ancestry.com - Learning Center
- BYU Center for Family History and Genealogy
- FamilySearch - Learning Center
- FamilySearch - FamilySearch Wiki
- Granite Genealogy - Training
- LDS Church Temple and Family History Training - Starting place for Ward Temple and Family History Consultants and Priesthood Leaders.
- LDS Church - Youth and Temple and Family History Consultant Training
- Legacy Family Tree - Training
- RootsMagic Learning Center