Llechgynfarwy, Anglesey, Wales Genealogy
History[edit | edit source]
LLÊCHCYNVARWYDD (LLÊCH-GYN-FARWY), a parish, in the hundred of Llyvon, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, the church being 3 miles (S. W.) from Llanerchymedd. This parish, which derives its name from the dedication of its church to Cynvarwy, an eminent British saint, who flourished towards the close of the seventh century, is situated in the western part of the island. The church, supposed to have been originally founded about the year 630, is a small edifice, consisting of a nave and south transept. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists.
LLECHCYNFARWY, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Llyfon, county Anglesey, 3 miles S.W. of Llanerchymedd, 2 from Gwindy, its post town, and 9 from Holyhead. It is a small rustic place. For more information see:
Records[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 29 Aug 2014.