Llanwrtud, Breconshire Genealogy
LLANWRTYD (LLAN-WRTYD), a parish, in the union of Llandovery, hundred of Builth, county of Brecknock, South Wales, 12 miles (N. E. by E.) from Llandovery; comprising the hamlets of Clawddmadoc and Llêchwether. The river Irvon runs through the centre of this parish, which is intersected by no less than four smaller streams, that discharge themselves into the principal river within its boundaries. The church, dedicated to St. David, is not distinguished by any architectural features. There are places of worship for Independents and Calvinistic Methodists.
Also spelled Llanwrtyd. LLANWRTYD, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 10 miles S.W. of Builth, its post town, and 12 N.E. of Llandovery. This is a small watering-place, situated in rather a wild neighbourhood, on the river Irvon. The parish includes the hamlets of Clawdd Madog, and Llechweddor. For more information see Llaynwrtyd, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 157-165. Adapted. Date accessed: 29 January 2014.