Llanfihangel yn Howyn, Anglesey, Wales Genealogy
History[edit | edit source]
LLANVIHANGEL-YNHOWYN (LLAN-FIHANGEL-YN-NHYWYN), a parish, in the hundred of Llyvon, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 6 miles (S. E. by E.) from Holyhead. This parish, which is traversed by the road from the Menai suspension-bridge to Holyhead, derives its name from the dedication of its church, and its distinguishing adjunct from its situation on an extensive common near the sea. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is an ancient structure, built upon an eminence, and forming a conspicuous and interesting object for many miles around; it consists of a nave or single aisle, and measures forty-six feet by twenty-one feet and a half, and nine feet high, external dimensions. There is a place of worship for Calvinistic Methodists.
LLANFIHANGEL YN HOWYN, a parish in the hundred of Llyfon, county Anglesey, 5 miles S.W. of Holyhead, its post town, and 9 from Llangefni. It is situated on the coast of Cymmyran Bay. The village is a small rustic place. For more information see:
Records[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.