Llanfihangel Aberbythych, Carmarthenshire, Wales Genealogy
A guide to genealogy in Llanfihangel Aberbythych, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
LLANVIHANGEL-ABERBYTHIC (LLAN-FIHANGEL-ABER-BYTHYCH), a parish, in the union of LLANDILO-VAWR, hundred of ISCENNEN, county of CARMARTHEN, SOUTH WALES, 3 1/2 miles (W.S.W.) from Llandilo. The environs comprehend many fine views. The neighbourhood abounds with limestone, which rises from the sea near Kidwelly, and extends to this parish, and is burned in great abundance for manure, which is conveyed to many parts of the principality. For this purpose a rail-road has been constructed from the works at Castell-y-Garreg, in the parish, to the Burry river. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, a small neat edifice, was according to a tablet recording the event, erected in 1617. There are places of worship for Independents and Calvinistic Methodists. Golden Grove, the ancient seat of the Vaughans, Earls of Carberry, and now the property of Earl Cawdor, is situated within the parish.
For more information on Llanfihangel Aberbythych see Llanfihangel Aberbythych at Genuki.
|before 31 March 1974||Carmarthenshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Dyfed|
|from 1 April 1996||Carmarthenshire|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- Llanfihangel Aberbythych at Vision of Britain.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales Adapted. Date accessed: 15 January 2014.