Llandyfrydog, Anglesey, Wales Genealogy
History[edit | edit source]
LLANDYVRYDOG (LLAN-DYFRYDOG), a parish, in the hundred of Twrcelyn, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 3 miles distant (N. E.) from Llanerchymedd. This parish derives its name from the dedication of its church. The church is dedicated to St. Tyvrydog (a great-grandson of Cunedda Wledig), by whom it was originally founded, about the year 450; and is a lofty and venerable structure, in excellent repair, sixty feet in length, and twenty-five in breadth, with a remarkably large chancel. The church of Llanvihangel-Tre'rBeirdd is distant about two miles. There are places of worship for Baptists and Calvinistic Methodists, to the former of which a burial-ground is attached.
LLANDYFRYDOG, a parish in the hundred of Twrcelyn, county Anglesey, 1 mile N.E. of Llanerchymedd, its post town, and 5 from Amlwch. It is situated on the river Dulas. For more information see Llandyfrydog, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Records[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.