Llanddona, Anglesey, Wales Genealogy
History[edit | edit source]
LLANDDONA (LLAN-DDONA), a parish, in the union of Bangor and Beaumaris, hundred of Tyndaethwy, county of Anglesey, North Wales, 3½ miles (N. W.) from Beaumaris. This parish derives its name from the dedication of its church to St. Dona, who flourished in the seventh or eighth century; and is situated in the eastern part of the Isle of Anglesey. The church is situated on the shore of Red Wharf bay, in a sequestered nook overhung by high hills; and, though of small dimensions, comprises a nave, chancel, transepts, and a chapel on the southern side of the nave; thus including some parts which are usually to be found only in more important churches. There is a place of worship for Calvinistic Methodists.
LLANDDONA, a parish in the hundred of Tyndaethwy, county Anglesey, 3 miles N.W. of Beaumaris, its post town. 7 from Bangor, and 7 N.E. of Llangefni. It is situated on the eastern side of Red-Wharfs, Bay. For more information see Llanddona, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Records[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.