Llanddeusant, Anglesey, Wales Genealogy
History[edit | edit source]
LLANDEUSANT, or LLANDEUSAINT (LLAN-Y-DDEUSANT), a parish, in the hundred of Tàlybolion, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 6 miles (W. by N.) from Llanerchymedd. This parish, which is of considerable extent, lies near the river Alaw. The church, dedicated to St. Marcellus and St. Marcellinus, is a small but venerable edifice, in the early style of English architecture, with a good lancet-shaped window of three lights at the east end, of which the gable is externally surmounted with an antique cross. There are places of worship for Independents, Calvinistic Methodists, and Baptists.
LLANDDEUSANT, (or Llandausaint), a parish in the hundred of Taly-Bolion, county Anglesey, 5 miles N.W. of Llanerchymedd, and 7 N.E. of Holyhead. Gwindy is its post town. It is watered by the river Allo. Tho village of Treffynon is in this parish. For more information, see Llanddeusant, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Records[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 21 Aug 2014.