Llandawg, Carmarthenshire, Wales Genealogy
A guide to genealogy in Llandawg, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
LLANDAWKE (LLAN-DAWK), a parish, in the higher division of the hundred of DERLLYS, union and county of CARMARTHEN, SOUTH WALES, 1 mile (W. by N.) from Laugharne. This parish, situated on the road from Laugharne to Tenby, and mostly surrounded by the parishes of Laugharne and Llansadwrnen, comprises by computation about 600 acres, of which 100 are woodland, and of the remainder two-thirds are arable, and one third pasture; the surface is rather hilly, and the nature of the soil clay; the chief agricultural produce is wheat and barley, and the timber grown, principally larch and Scotch fir; it consists only of two farms. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret Marlos, is not distinguished by any architectural features of importance; it is a very small building, 33 feet in length and 17 in breadth.
For more information on Llandawg see Llandawg at Genuki.
|before 31 March 1974||Carmarthenshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Dyfed|
|from 1 April 1996||Carmarthenshire|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- Llandawg at Vision of Britain.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales Adapted. Date accessed: 14 January 2014.