Llanbedrog, Gwynedd Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki
(Redirected from Llanbedrog, Gwynedd)
Jump to: navigation, search
Parishes of Historic Caernarfonshire

Before 1974 the village was in the historic county of Caernarfonshire. In 1974 it became part of the modern County of Gwynedd.


In the 1870s: "LLANBEDROG, or LLANBADRIG, a parish in the district of Pwllheli, Carnarvon; on the E coast of the Lleyn peninsula, near St. Tudwall's bay, 4½ miles SW of Pwllheli, and 20¼ SW of Nantlle r. station. Post town, Pwllheli. Acres, 2,548; of which 387 are water. Real property, £2,642. Pop., 469. Houses, 108. The property is not much divided. Wern-Vawr is a chief residence. Much of the land is rocky and waste. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacies of Llanfihangel-Bachelleth and Llangian, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £385.* Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Petroc, and was recently in disrepair." [John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)]

For more information on Llanbedrog see: Genuki - Llanbedrog


Years County
before 31 March 1974 Caernarfonshire
1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996 Gwynedd
from 1 April 1996 Gwynedd


Civil Registration

Church Records

Census Records

Probate Records

Maps and Gazetteers