Little Paxton, Huntingdonshire Genealogy
Guide to Little Paxton, Huntingdonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Little Paxton or Paxton (Little), is a parish, with a village, in St. Neots district, Huntingdonshire, 1¾ miles N W of St. Neots railway station.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Little Paxton, Huntingdonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeReg.org.uk|
|HUNT = Huntingdonshire Burials (findmypast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|LITTLE PAXTON PARISH (1567) Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Huntingdonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Little Paxton on GENUKI
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870-2. Date accessed: 15 August 2013.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 18 April 2014.
- 'Huntingdonshire Burials,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 26 April 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Huntingdon, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Huntingdonshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 18 April 2014.