Lincoln Nebraska Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- Location Map: Location Map
- Address: 3000 Old Cheney Rd, Lincoln, Nebraska 68516
- Use North Parking Lot and Main Entrance or follow the sidewalk to the right and it will lead you to the FHC Door.
- Postal Address - Lincoln Family History Center, PO Box 22512, Lincoln, NE 68542-2512
- Language: English
- Phone: 1-402-423-4561
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Tuesday: 10:00am - 4:00pm and 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am- 2:00pm and 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Friday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Saturday General Conference - Saturday Stake Conference - Saturday Memorial Day - July 1st-14th Summer Closing - Saturday Labor Day - Saturday General Conference - Saturday Stake Conference. Thanksgiving. Closed Christmas and New Years Day weeks.
- When Lincoln Public Schools close due to inclement weather - we will be closed. If the streets are bad, most likely we will also be closed in the evening. Before traveling - call or send an email to see if we are open.
- We rarely close unexpectedly - but if you are driving a long distance to visit us, please confirm open hours in advance by sending an email to LincolnFHC@gmail.com.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center may have various films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc. About 1,000 microfilm rolls on permanent loan.
- Book Collection: -- 400 + Reference Books
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 computers, 2 printers, copy machine, 7 microfilm Readers, 1 microfilm Reader/Printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)