Lemington, Essex County, Vermont Genealogy
Lemington was chartered on June 29, 1762. Except for the fertile intervale lands along the Connecticut River, there has never been much settlement, the population never greatly exceeding 200. The population at the 2010 US Census was 104.  
History of Lemington, Vermont by Marion M Daley (1976) - find this book in a library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Lemington is Essex.
Essex Probate Court
Island Pond, VT 05846
Phone: (802) 723-4770
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Lemington. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Essex County, website at this link.
- Blodgett Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1857 -1941, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
- Lemington, Vermont Vital Records, 1868-1991, are available on FamilySearch (browse only images).
- Lemington, Vermont Land Records, 1876-1900, are available on FamilySearch (browse only images).
- The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Lemington Town Clerk's Office. These include Vital records, 1857-1883, and Land records, 1795-1876.
Lemington Town Clerk
2549 River Road
Lemington, VT 05903
Libraries and Historical Societies
Northeast Kingdom Genealogy - Genealogy resources for towns in the counties of Essex, Orleans and Caledonia.
- About Lemington, Vermont - http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/lemington.html#about
- Lemington, Vermont - http://usgenwebsites.org/VTGenWeb/Essex-Co-VT.htm#LEMINGTON