Layton Utah FamilySearch Center/Staff Training
This page is dedicated for the Layton Utah FamilySearch Center Staff Training Only
- All staff is required to register online for the "Staff Basics" Training Class when requested to do so. Dates and times will be made available and announced when the classes are scheduled. The description for the class is as follows:
"Staff Basics" Training Class DescriptionThis class will focus on: 1) The Mission Statement of the Layton FamilySearch Center. We will discuss our individual responsibly as it relates to the mission statement. 2) We will discuss and demonstrate navigating in the FamilySearch Family Tree as it relates to the mission statement.
As Church Service Missionaries, we have been called to assist families and individuals as they identify their ancestors and prepare names for temple ordinances. This calling incorporates teaching the patrons, no matter their skill level, how to use the FamilySearch Family Tree and the related records and materials found on FamilySearch.org. We also assist those of other faiths as they search for their ancestors.
In this class, basic teaching principles will be demonstrated using the FamilySearch Family Tree. LFSC staff members will demonstrate their ability to navigate the family tree. They will print a fan chart, a family group record and a 4-generation pedigree chart.
Staff Training Guides & Handouts
Click on the following links to go to the Guides & Handouts:
- 5 Steps to Identifying Fmaily Photos
- Adding Unconnected People to a Family Tree
- Attaching a Document or a Photo as a Source in Family Tree
- Changing Languages in FamilySearch - Family Tree
- Conducting Tours at the Layton FamilySearch Center
- Discover - Gather - Connect
- Elder Renlund - Temple and Family History
- Even With Technology, Family History is "a Spiritual Work"
- FamilySearch Basics
- Layton FamilySearch Center Equipment
- "Lean Not Unto Your Own Understanding"
- LFSC- Printing in Color-Fan Charts-Tree Seek
- Linking Individuals and Families in Family Tree
- Putting Documents as Sources in Family Tree
- RootSearch - Google Chrome Extension
- Safety and Emergency Floor Plan
- Standardization of Dates and Places
- Submitting a GEDCOM to Family}Search
- Tagging Photos/Documents as Memories in FamilySearch - Family Tree
- Training on Genealogies
- The Living Person Record
- Using Google Translate
- Using Source Linker to Attach Sources
- Web Indexing