Layton Utah FamilySearch Center/Resources
Resources[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
FHC Portal This Center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the Center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 142 PCs for research and classroom instruction
- Printers, Scanners, and Copiers
- Three high-speed photo scanners - click HERE to book
- Two digital slide scanners (Wolverine) - 35mm, 110, Super 8
- High-speed document scanner - scan PDF to USB
- Large-format scanner - up to 12" x 17"
- Two carousel slide scanners - Pre-scanning recommendations Click to Book
- VHS-to-DVD conversion (2 machines available) - schedule the Family Room or VHS2
- Other video-to-DVD formats available: MiniDV, 8mm, VHS-C
- Audio cassette-to-digital conversion - bring a USB flash drive (8 GB minimum recommended)
- 8mm & Super8 film-to-digital (32GB SD card recommended - maximum)
- 8mm film-to-digital digitizer - operates in real-time! Click to Book
- Phonograph turntable-to-digital! (SD card or USB flash drive needed)
- Scan to FamilySearch - photos, documents, etc.
- Printing and copies - (small fee will apply)
- Black & White - * 8 1/2 x 11 - $ .05 per page * 11 x 17 - $ .10 per page
- Color - * 8 1/2 x 11 - $ .30 per page * 11 x 17 - $1.00 per page
The Layton FamilySearch Center provides many other resources for genealogical research.
Computers and Internet Access[edit | edit source]
The Center has 66 desktop computers in the main research area. All Center computers have wired internet access. Personal laptops and tablets can also be connected to the internet via high-speed wifi. Many helpful research resources are available from the desktop of the Center computers and include free use of many subscription websites, use of popular data management programs, and direct internet links to other resources.
Free Subscription Websites[edit | edit source]
The Center provides free use of several family history research websites that normally require a subscription fee for access. Visit the Center to see a complete listing of the available sites. (See FHC Portal section above)
Collections[edit | edit source]
This is a computer-only center and does not order or store microfilms.
- Books and Other Printed Material
There are no printed materials or books available in this facility.
Family Room[edit | edit source]
Green Room Photo Studio[edit | edit source]
Discovery Center[edit | edit source]
Recording Studios (A and B)[edit | edit source]
Class Instruction[edit | edit source]
Personal Assistance[edit | edit source]
The Center has missionary and volunteer workers available to assist patrons. They can provide personal help with many aspects of genealogical research and record keeping.