Three High-Speed Photo Scanners:
Please Note!! We have been having some difficulty with our scheduling program. If you choose to try to reserve a time that is marked Unavailable, or Not Available, even though the time shows up on the reservation form, you will not be given the time when you come to the center. All reservations are time stamped. Those who reserved first will be given the equipment first. Please be aware that sometimes the program that shows Available and Not Available is also not functioning. The above statement applies to this as well. Feel free to call the center to check and see if you actually have the time reserved (801-784-2100).
We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are working to resolve it as quickly as we can'.
The practice of reserving more than one time slot back to back is discouraged unless special permission is granted. Special consideration will be given to those traveling from larger distances. Please contact the Center at 801.784.2100 for further information regarding this issue.
Please plan on the last 10 minutes of your reserved time to save your photos.
Preparing to Use a Photo Scanner
The following is recommended:
- Prepare before coming to the Center. Remove photographs from albums and any sticky tabs if necessary. If older pictures are mounted on cardboard, they can be scanned separately on the flatbed.
- Pictures should be sorted by size and direction. They must be fed into the scanner in groups of the same size thus avoiding jamming the scanner. The photos are inserted into the scanner face-up with the top of the photo inserted upside down. After sorting by size, sort again by direction. In order to save time, it is best if portrait-oriented pictures are separated from landscape-oriented ones.
- Scanners are capable of scanning both sides of a photo or document. It is suggested that photos or documents with content on both sides be separated out into their own group.
- A flash drive is needed for storing the digitized images created. It is recommended that a flash drive be dedicated just for scanning documents and photos. Eight GB or larger of free space is suggested.
- Trained staff are available upon request.