Lawton Oklahoma Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location: Location Map
Address: 7002 SW Drakestone Blvd, Lawton, OK 73505
- Entrance is on the west door with a doorbell. There is a handicap entrance.
FHC Director: Terry Ernest, 580-678-2188, email firstname.lastname@example.org
FHC Assistant Director: Myron McChurin 580-355-1700
FHC Assistant Director: Carol Hansen 580-917-7297
- Wednesday: 5:00pm-8:30pm
- Thursday 10:30am-4pm
- 2nd and 4th Saturday: 10:30am-4:00pm
Other Saturdays by appointment only (call to schedule time)
- Closed all major holidays.
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness. Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
Calendar and Event[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
2nd Saturday 9am-10:30am
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
1 microfilm reader
Lexmark printer/scanner This printer has the ability to scan pictures and documents which transfer to your familysearch account in memories.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
If you would be willing to volunteer at the center, please contact Terry Ernest 580-678-2188 or Carol Hansen 580-483-5913. We would love to talk with you.