Las Vegas Nevada FamilySearch Library
The Las Vegas FamilySearch Library is an extension of the world famous FamilySearch Library in Salt Lake City, Utah and one of sixteen regional genealogy libraries located throughout the United States.
The library is housed in a historic building. Located just blocks from the original town center, this brick building was built in 1932 and was the first permanent church building of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Las Vegas. The historic chapel has all the architectural elements from the 1930’s including a deep orange stained glass window and the original 1932 walk in safe located in the original bishop's office.
Location[edit | edit source]
509 South 9th Street Las Vegas, Nevada 89101 CLICK for Directions
- The main entrance is on 9th Street, on the east side of the building.
- On 9th street there is handicap parking and wheelchair access to the building.
- The west entrance is on 10th Street and Clark where there is ample parking and the west entrance to the library.
Contact[edit | edit source]
- Directors: Elder Kenneth and Sister Charlotte Openshaw
- Assistant Director: Sister Sandy Jackson
Hours[edit | edit source]
- Monday, Friday, - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday - 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday Closed
2020 Holiday Closures[edit | edit source]
January 1-4-New Year's
April 4- Saturday-General Conference
March 13- Closed due to the Corona Virus-TBD-Closed due to Covid19
September 5-7- Labor Day Weekend
October 3-General Conference
December 12-31 Christmas