Las Vegas Nevada FSL/Volunteer
Come and Serve in the Las Vegas FamilySearch Library[edit | edit source]
Who[edit | edit source]
- Feeling lost in your Temple and Family History Consultant Calling? - Take advantage of our training program.
- Just want to learn more about Family History? - Those who serve always learn the most!
- Want to serve a Mission but need to stay in the Area? - Serve part or full time.
- Experienced family historians - We need your knowledge and skills.
Expectations for new workers[edit | edit source]
Those who volunteer service at the Las Vegas FamilySearch Library serve as Volunteers or Church Service Missionaries (CSM).
- A Church Service Mission requires a one year commitment of at least 8 hours per week in the Library. This is a way to serve a mission while living at home. The CSM will be called by a Stake President.
- A volunteer will be interviewed by a local Bishop and will serve at least one 4-6 hour shift per week for at least one year.
- We design the shift(s) around the availability of the volunteer/missionary and also the needs of the Library. The library is open Monday thru Saturday and by appointment on Sundays and some evenings.
- Shift Hours:
|Mondays and Fridays||Each Shift is 4 hours:||9 AM to 1 PM and 1 PM to 5 PM|
|Tuesdays thru Thursdays||Each Shift is 6 hours:||9 AM to 3 PM and 3 PM to 8 PM|
|Saturdays||The Shift is 6 hours:||9 AM to 3 PM|
Training for new workers:[edit | edit source]
When you serve as a Volunteer or as a Church Service Missionary you have the benefit of daily training on all aspects of family history.
- You will increase in knowledge and skills associated with family history.
- And you will feel competent and comfortable helping others to explore their own family history.
- You will enjoy association with other staff members who love family history and helping others.
Requirements for new workers:[edit | edit source]
- Willingness and desire to learn something new and want to help others do the same.
- Have some basic computer skills:
- We provide 5 days of training in FamilySearch and our library resources before you begin your assignment.
For more information:[edit | edit source]
Contact the Directors of the Las Vegas FamilySearch Library, Elder &r Sister Openshaw, to discuss how you might be able to serve. Discuss your interest with your Stake President..