La Paz Department, Bolivia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
(Redirected from La Paz, Bolivia Genealogy)
|Bolivia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
La Paz Department
Guide to La Paz Department family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- The Spanish conquerors entered the area in 1535. The control of these Inca lands was entrusted to Pedro de la Gasca by the Spanish king and the Roman emperor Romano, Emperor Charles V.
- In 1898, La Paz became the de facto seat of the national government, and Sucre remained the nominal judicial capital.
- The department of La Paz was founded on October 20, 1548 and was created as a department on November 19, 1826.
- The department of La Paz has a population of approximately 2,719,000 people. 
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Departamento de La Paz (Bolivia)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departamento_de_La_Paz_(Bolivia). Visited May 9, 2018.