La Florida, Santiago, Chile Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Commune of La Florida ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- Of the several haciendas that existed on the lands of the current commune, the best known was the Hacienda de Lo Cañas.
- On December 22, 1891, the municipality of Lo Cañas was created in the department of La Victoria.
- The area was a town of peasants and medieros who were dedicated to cultivate and harvest the land from the beginning of the 19th century.
- In 1934 the commune-subdelegation of Florida was reestablished.
- Florida is a residential community and has been composed mainly of families of medium-high and high socioeconomic status.
- The commune of La Florida has an approximate population of 364,000 people.
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Registros civiles : La Florida, Santiago, 1903-1920 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- There are no records only of the commune of La Florida. See the records of the commune of Santiago.
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
Localities[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "La Florida (Chile)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Florida_(Chile). Visited 20 June 2017