Lübeck, Germany Genealogy
Guide to Lübeck ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
|Lübeck Research Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- Lübeck Birth Records (Lübeck, Deutschland, Geburtsregister), ($). 1811-1875. Index and images.
- Lübeck, Germany, Marriage Banns (Lübeck, Hochzeitsankündigungen--Aufgebot), ($). 1811-1871. Index and images.
- Lübeck Deaths (Sterbefälle), ($). 1811-1875. Index and images.
- Lübeck, Germany, Marriage Banns (Lübeck, Hochzeitsankündigungen-Aufgebot), ($). 1871-1875. Index and images.
- Lübeck, Germany, Personal Index Cards (Lübeck, Deutschland, Personenkartei), 1300-1850. Index.
The Free and Hanseatic City of Lübeck is divided into 10 Districts with 35 sub-districts.
Family History Library Holdings
- Click on Places within Germany, Lübeck.
Here are some resources for learning to read German records.
- Online interactive slideshow lessons are available to help you learn to read these records:
- Reading German Handwritten Records Lesson 1: Kurrent Letters
- Reading German Handwritten Records Lesson 2: Making Words in Kurrent
- Reading German Handwritten Records Lesson 3: Reading Kurrent Documents. In this lesson, you will explore several types of German genealogical records, including birth, baptismal, marriage, and death records.
- German Script Tutorial
This converter will show you how any phrase or name might look in German script:
- Kurrentschrift Converter (enter German genealogical word, click on "convert", view your word in Kurrentschrift (Gothic handwriting):*Sources for persons and family research in the archives of the Hanseatic City of Lübeck