Kingdom of eSwatini History
|eSwatini Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
The Swazi migrated into this area in the last half of the eighteenth century. The independence of the Swazi was guaranteed in 1881 and 1884 by the British government and the government of the South African Republic. From 1903 the governor of Transvaal administered the territory. In 1968, Swaziland became independent. They changed their name to the Kingdom of eSwatini in 2018.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica eSwatini History, Geography and Settlement Patterns.
- Info Please eSwatini History and Government.
- Every Culture eSwatini Orientation, History and Ethnic Relations.
- Hesham,Irving and Poewe, Karla. Christianity in Central Southern Africa Prior to 1910
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: Southern Africa,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 1987-1998.