Kentucky, United States Genealogy
|Kentucky Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Kentucky ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
In 1775, Daniel Boone ushered the first settlers into Kentucky along the Wilderness Road, through the Cumberland Gap. On 1 June 1792, Kentucky became the 15th state to join the Union. A large migration into the state occurred around this time; extending into the early 1800's. Originally part of Virginia (District of Kentucky: Fayette, Jefferson, and Lincoln counties), Kentucky lies in the east, south-central region of the United States. The State currently includes 120 counties with Frankfort as its capitol. 
Getting Started with Kentucky Research
Links to articles on getting started with Kentucky research.
Kentucky Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Kentucky research.
Kentucky Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Kentucky Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Kentucky African American Research - Family Search Kentucky African American Resources
- Kentucky Ancestors - Free Pub:Case Studies and Guides for conducting Kentucky Genealogical research
- Cyndi's List - Kentucky genealogy sites on the internet
- Kentucky Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Kentucky
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Kentucky
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Kentucky genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Kentucky
- Kentucky Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Every Name Index
- Wikipedia contributors, "Kentucky" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky (accessed 15 March 2016).
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 09/18/2016.