Kentucky, United States Genealogy
|Kentucky Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Kentucky ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Daniel Boone led the first settlers into Kentucky in 1775, through the Cumberland Gap. Kentucky became the 15th state to join the Union on June 1, 1792. There was a large migration into the territory around this time, that extending into the early 1800s. Kentucky was created from part of Virginia (District of Kentucky: Fayette, Jefferson, and Lincoln counties)and is located in the east south-central region of the United States.The State has 120 counties. The Capital city is Frankfort. 
Getting Started with Kentucky Research
Links to articles on getting started with Kentucky research.
Kentucky Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Kentucky research.
Kentucky Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Kentucky Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Kentucky African American Research - Family Search Kentucky African American Resources
- Kentucky Ancestors - Free Pub:Case Studies and Guides for conducting Kentucky Genealogical research
- Cyndi's List - Kentucky genealogy sites on the internet
- Kentucky Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Kentucky
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Kentucky
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Kentucky genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Kentucky
- Kentucky Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Every Name Index
- Wikipedia contributors, "Kentucky" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky (accessed 15 March 2016).
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 09/18/2016.