Kenardington, Kent Genealogy
Guide to Kenardington, Kent ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Kenardington St+Mary Kent
|Poor Law Union||Tenterden|
|Parish registers: 1546|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1563|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Canterbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Kent Record Office|
KENARDINGTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Tenterden, partly in the liberty of RomneyMarsh, but chiefly in the hundred of Blackbourne, E. and Lower divisions of the lathe of Scray, W. division of Kent, 8 miles (S. S. W.) from Ashford. 
Kenardington is a village and civil parish in the Ashford district of Kent, see Kenardington Wikipedia
Kenardington St Mary is an Ancient parish in the village and civil parish which lies nine miles from Ashford and on the edge of Romney Marsh. A map of the parish boundary may be found at A church near you
The church contains the remaining parts to survive the battle of 1070 when Danes stormed it and the lightning strike of 1559 which heavily damaged the structure. It has an external tower stair (now blocked off).
The Parish church of St Mary, Kenardington Road, Kenardington has been designated as a grade II* listed building British listed building
Kent County Council (KCC) has a certificate centre at the Mansion House in Tunbridge Wells which holds all the completed registers for Kent since 1 July 1837 and can supply a certified copy of any Kent birth, death or marriage entry from any register within its custody or a Kent civil partnership registration from the government online database.
The Mansion House
Grove Hill Road
Kent TN1 1EP
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Kenardington, Kent Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = findmypast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS PRs = England, Kent, Parish Registers (FamilySearch) - free|
|MIDK = Mid-Kent Marriage Index 1754-1911 - free|
|Kenardington, Kent Genealogy Online Parish Records|
||1547-1837; 1755-1821 (Banns)||
Images for Kenardington and Shadoxhurst, Kent available at FamilySearch Records see England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments (FamilySearch Historical Records) 1780-1831
Images for Kenardington and Snargate, Kent 1780- 1831 are arranged separately.
FamilySearch Records includes collections of census indexes which can be searched online for free. In addition FamilySearch Centres offer free access to images of the England and Wales Census through FHC Portal Computers here have access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Category:England Family History Centres to locate local Family History Centres in UK Introduction to LDS Family History Centers to locate outside UK. Many archives and local history collections in public libraries in England and Wales offer online census searches and also hold microfilm or fiche census returns.
Images of the census for 1841-1891 can be viewed in census collections at Ancestry (fee payable) or Find My Past (fee payable)
The 1851 census of England and Wales attempted to identify religious places of worship in addition to the household survey census returns.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Kent Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Local Family History Centre
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Publication of the restricted access images England, Kent, Wills and Probate (FamilySearch Historical Records) and England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments (FamilySearch Historical Records) means that it is advisable to telephone the centre to reserve a computer if you wish to view these
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 646-652. Date accessed: 15 August 2013.
- 'Coverage of Kent parish baptism records', Find My Past, accessed 5 November 2013.
- 'Coverage of Kent parish marriage records', Find My Past, accessed 6 November 2013.
- 'Coverage of Kent parish banns', Find My Past, accessed 5 November 2013.
- 'Coverage of Kent parish burial records', Find My Past, accessed 6 November 2013.
- 'Kent Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 6 November 2013.
- 'England, Kent, Parish Registers, 1538-1911,' FamilySearch, accessed 13 November 2013.
- 'Mid-Kent Marriage Index 1754-1911,' Woodchurch Ancestry Group, accessed 16 January 2014.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.