Kelvedon Hatch, Essex Genealogy
Guide to Kelvedon Hatch, Essex ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Kelvedon Hatch, Essex|
St Nicholas, Kelvedon Hatch, Essex
|Poor Law Union||Ongar|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1807|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - London; Post-1845 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex|
|Location of Archive|
|Essex Record Office|
Kelvedon Hatch, is a parish in Ongar district, Essex; on the river Roding, 2 miles SE of Chipping Ongar railway station, and 5 miles NNW of Brentwood. A Roman Catholic chapel is attached to Kelvedon Hall. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Kelvedon Hatch, Essex Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|ESSEX = EssexAncestors - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|KELVEDEN HATCH PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
Poor Law Unions
Vestry minute-books for Kelvedon Hatch survive for the periods 1736-60 and 1835-81.
In 1836 Kelvedon Hatch became part of the Ongar Poor Law Union. 
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Essex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Kelvedon Hatch on GENUKI
Essex Ancestors - offers images of genealogical records for the county of Essex ($)
- John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales,(1870) Adapted: date accessed 20 May 2013.
- Essex Ancestors: Unearth Your Roots, Seax - Essex Archives Online From the Essex Record Office, accessed 11 September 2014.
- Essex Coverage in FreeReg, FreeREG, accessed 4 September 2014.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.
- From: 'Kelvedon Hatch: Parish government and poor relief', A History of the County of Essex: Volume 4: Ongar Hundred (1956), pp. 70-71. British History Date accessed: 06 February 2011.