Japan, Iwate Land Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search The Collection?
- 5 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 6 What Do I Do Next?
- 7 Citing This Collection
- 8 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains land and property records for the years 1650-1800.
These records were obtained from the Iwate Prefectural Library in Japan. The writing contained in this collection includes Romanized and Japanese characters.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions, please see the Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections page.
Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are written in Japanesse. See the section titled For Help Reading These Records for translation tools.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
Land records may contain the following information:
- Name of Grantor
- Name of Grantee
- Date of Record
- Date of Registration
- Document Number
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
| This image needs a translation.
You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search The Collection?[edit | edit source]
To begin your search in this collection, it would be helpful if you knew the following information:
- Name of Grantor or Grantee
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
View The Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the
/waypoints Browse Page.
- Select Prefecture (都道府県)
- Select County or City (郡又は市), Town or Village (町又は村)
- Select Title (題名)
- Select Volume (巻)
- Select Page (頁)
- Select Year (年) which will take you to the images.
For Help Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
Many of these records are in Japanese. For help with reading the records, see the following resource: Japanese-English translator
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found Who I was Looking for, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Check for variant spellings of names.
- You may need to search using an alternate name (such as a nickname).
- Titles may be clues to property ownership, occupations, rank, or status within the community.
- Use the location to search for vital records (birth, marriage, death).
I Can’t Find The Person I’m Looking for, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- There may be more than one person with the same name.
- A boundary change could have occurred and the record of your ancestor is now in a neighboring area. Search the records and indexes of neighboring cities, provinces, and regions.
- Your ancestor may have immigrated to another country. Search the records of nearby countries or immigration/emigration records.
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Japan.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.