Jamaica, Windham County, Vermont Genealogy
The Town of Jamaica was chartered on November 7, 1780 by the Vermont Legislature and is one of only two civic entities in Vermont whose modern name is derived from a Native place name, in this case the Natick word for "beaver" (see also Winooski). 
Historical notes: Jamaica, Windham county, Vermont, by Warren E. Booker - view digital book online free of charge
Remarks on Jamaica, Vermont by F. M. Butler (1922) - view digital book online free of charge.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Jamaica is Westminster.
Westminster Probate Court
PO Box 47
Bellows Falls, VT 05101
Phone: (802) 463-3019
The following is a list of cemeteries in present-day Jamaica. For location of cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Windham County, website at this link.
- Pikes Falls Cemetery- inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Pleasant View Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Rawsonville Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- South Hill Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- South Windham Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- West Jamaica Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Jamaica, Vermont church records, 1791-1990, are available on microfilm from the Vermont Historical Society.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1790-2001 available online at FamilySearch.
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Jamaica Town Clerk's Office. These include Land records and deeds, 1781-1904; index, 1781-1956.
Jamaica Town Office
Mailing Address: PO Box 173
Physical Address: 17 Pikes Falls Road
Jamaica, Vermont 05343
Phone: (802) 874-4681
Libraries and Historical Societies
17 Depot St.
Jamaica, VT 05343
Phone: (802) 874-4901
- Vitual VT - Town of Jamaica http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/jamaica.html#about
- History of the Town of Jamaica, VT, http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/WindhamJamaica.html