Italy, Vicenza, Bassano del Grappa, Civil Registration, State Archive (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
|This article describes a collection of records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
|Vicenza, Bassano del Grappa, Italy|
|Flag of the Italian Republic|
|Location of Vicenza, Bassano del Grappa, Italy|
|Record Type:||Civil Registration|
|Title in the Language:||Italia, Vicenza, Bassano del Grappa, Stato Civile (Archivio di Stato)|
|Vicenza State Archive|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 3 What Do I Do Next?
- 4 Citing This Collection
- 5 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
The collection consists of civil registration (stato civile) of births, marriages, and deaths within the custody of the State Archive of Vicenza, Bassano del Grappa Regional Office (Archivio di Stato di Vicenza, Sezione di Bassano del Grappa). Availability of records is largely dependent on time period and locality. Records for this collection cover the years 1871-1929.
For details about the contents of these records, their history, and help using them see the wiki article: Italy, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. Italian Data Privacy rules prohibit making certain records publicly available for viewing. This includes birth records under 110 years old, and marriage or death records under 70 years old. The Italy, Vicenza,Bassano del Grappa, Civil Registration, State Archive collection is available to the Family History Library, FamilySearch Centers, and to members of the supporting organization. The images are also available to all viewers at The Portale Antenati (Ancestors Portal).
How Do I Search the Collection?
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
View the Images
If the collection is not published: You will be able to search this collection once it is published.
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found Who I was Looking for, What Now?
- Use the residence and names of the parents to locate church records.
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives who may have ived nearby.
- You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors. [Italy Church Records|Church Records]] often were kept years before government records were required and are a good source for finding ancestors before 1900.
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking for, What Now?
- Keep in mind that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist during the periods our ancestors lived in. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images. Pay special attention to how the name should have been pronounced and try variations on the pronunciation.
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names. Try searching for these names as well.
- Search the indexes and records of local genealogical societies.
- Earlier records may not contain as much information as the records created after the late 1800.
- There is also some variation in the information given from one record to another.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
"Italy, Vicenza, Bassano del Grappa, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1871-1942." Images.FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Citing Archivio di Stato di Vicenza, Sezione di Bassano del Grappa (State Archive of Vicenza, Bassano del Grappa Regional Office).
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.