Italy, Teramo, Teramo, Civil Registration, Tribunale (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Italy, Teramo, Teramo, Civil Registration (Tribunale), 1866-1940 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Teramo, Teramo, Italy|
|Flag of the Italian Republic|
|Location of Teramo, Teramo, Italy|
|Record Type:||Civil Registration|
|Title in the Language:||Stato Civile di Teramo Italia, 1866-1940|
|Teramo Court, Teramo, Italy|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Known Issues with This Collection
- 6 Citing this Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
The collection consists of civil registration (stato civile) of births, marriages and deaths within the custody of the Teramo Courthouse (Tribunale di Teramo). Includes supplemental records (allegati); annotations of death (annotazioni di morte); ten-year indexes (indici decennali); and marriage banns (pubblicazioni). Availability of records is largely dependent on time period and locality. Records included in this collection coincide with the modern-day provinces of Pescara and Teramo. The collection covers the years 1866-1940. Records for this collection include the years 1866-1940.
For details about the contents of these records, their history, and help using them see the wiki article: Italy, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records).
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Italy, Teramo, Teramo, Civil Registration (Tribunale), 1866-1940.|
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before using this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Your ancestor's given name and surname
- Identifying information such as residence
- Estimated marriage or birth year
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select the appropriate "Province" category
- Select the appropriate "Comune or Frazione" category
- Select the appropriate "Record Type and Year" category which takes you to the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Italy, Teramo, Teramo, civil registration (Tribunale), 1866-1940. Some catalog records link to multiple digital image records. In this case, click on a digital image record to find a camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Add any new information to your records
- Make sure to fully transcribe and cite the record entry for future reference; see the section Citing this Collection for assistance. Save or print a copy of the image
- Compile the entries for every person who has the same surname; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual. This compiled list can help you identify possible relations that can be further verified by researching vital records indexes in the country
- Compile the marriage entries for every person who has the same surname as the bride or groom; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, What Now?
- Consult the Italy Record Finder to find other records
- Italy Church Records are also a good source of information
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names. Try searching for these names as well.
- Search the indexes and records of local genealogical societies
- Your ancestor may have immigrated to another country. Search the records of nearby countries or immigration/emigration records: Italy Emigration and Immigration
New information is constantly being indexed, microfilmed or updated. Periodically check back to see if your ancestor’s records have been added. You can see if the area you’ve been looking in has been recently updated by going to Historical Records Collections. Watch for an asterisk for recently added or updated records
Known Issues with This Collection
| Problems with this collection?|
See a list of known issues, workarounds, tips, restrictions, future fixes, news and other helpful information.
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citing this Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
"Italy, Teramo, Teramo, Civil Registration (Tribunale), 1866-1940." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Tribunale di Teramo [Teramo Court, Teramo].
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.