Italy, Napoli, Sant'Angelo, Parocchia di San Michele Arcangelo, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Italy, Napoli, Sant'Angelo, Parrocchia di San Michele Arcangelo, Catholic Church Records, 1905-1929
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Italian Republic|
|Location of Napoli, Italy|
|Record Type:||Catholic Church Records|
|Title in the Language:||Italia, Napoli, Sant'Angelo, Parrocchia di San Michele Arcangelo, Registri Parrocchiali, 1905-1929|
|San Michele Arcangelo Parish, Serrara Fontana, Italy|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
The collection consists of images of marriages and deaths from the Parrocchia di San Michele Arcangelo within the Frazione of Sant'Angelo, Comune of Serrara Fontana, Province of Napoli, Italy. The collection covers the years 1905-1929.
Reading These Records
For help reading these Italian records, see the following guides:
- Italy Language and Languages
- Italian Genealogical Word List
- Script Tutorial for Italian
- Italy Handwriting
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Italy, Napoli, Sant'Angelo, Parrocchia di San Michele Arcangelo, Catholic Church Records, 1905-1929.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
For additional details about these records and help using them see Italy Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
How Do I Search This Collection?
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select Record Type to view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Italia, Napoli, Sant'Angelo (Parrocchia di San Michele Arcangelo). Registri Ecclesiastici, 1905-1930. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Add any new information to your records
- Use the information to find more. For instance, use the age listed in the record to estimate a year of birth, if that is yet undetermined
- Make sure to fully transcribe and cite the record entry for future reference; see the section Citing This Collection for assistance. Save or print a copy of the image
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- Consult the Italy Record Finder and Italy Research Tips and Strategies to find other records
- Italy Civil Registration are also a good substitute when church records of births, marriages, and deaths cannot be found or are unavailable
- Check for variants of given names, surnames, and place names. Transcription errors could occur in any handwritten record; also, it was not uncommon for an individual be listed under a nickname or an abbreviation of their name
- Your ancestor may have immigrated to another country. Search the records of nearby areas or Italy Emigration and Immigration records
- Search the indexes and records of local genealogical societies
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
- New information is constantly being indexed, microfilmed or updated. Periodically check back to see if your ancestor’s records have been added. You can see if the area you’ve been looking in has been recently updated by going to Historical Records Collections. Watch for an asterisk for recently added or updated records
Consult the Italy Record Finder to find other records.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Italia, Napoli, Sant'Angelo, Parrocchia di San Michele Arcangelo, Registri Parrocchiali, 1905-1929." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 14 June 2016. Parrocchia di San Michele Arcangelo, Serrara Fontana (San Michele Arcangelo Parish, Serrara Fontana).
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.