Italy, Napoli, Forio Civil Registration, Comune (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Italy Napoli, Forio, Civil Registration (Comune), 1809-1915
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Forio, Napoli, Italy|
|Flag of the Italian Republic|
|Location of Forio, Napoli, Italy|
|Record Type:||Civil Registration|
|Title in the Language:||Stato Civile di Forio, Naples, Italia, 1809-1915|
|Civil State Office, State Archive of Forio, Forio, Italy|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Known Issues with This Collection
- 7 Citing This Collection
- 8 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection of civil registration records includes births, marriages, death, and supplemental documentation files. It will include records from 1809 to 1915.
Reading These Records
For help reading these Italian records, see the following guides:
- Italy Language and Languages
- Italian Genealogical Word List
- Script Tutorial for Italian
- Italy Handwriting
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Italy Napoli, Forio, Civil Registration (Comune), 1809-1915.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
For details about the contents of these records, their history, and help using them see the wiki article: Italy, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Your ancestor's given name and surname
- Identifying information such as residence
- Estimated marriage or birth year
- Family relationships
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select Record Type and Year to view the images
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Italia, Napoli, Forio. Stato Civile : Comune, 1809-1915. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Add any new information you’ve found to your records
- Use the information to find more. For instance, use the age listed in the record to estimate a year of birth, if that is yet undetermined
- Make sure to fully transcribe and cite the record entry for future reference; see the section Citing This Collection for assistance. Save or print a copy of the image
- Compile the entries for every person who has the same surname; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual. This compiled list can help you identify possible relations that can be further verified by researching vital records indexes in the country
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- Italy Church Records are also a good substitute when civil records of births, marriages, and deaths cannot be found or are unavailable
- Check for variants of given names, surnames, and place names. Transcription errors could occur in any handwritten record; also, it was not uncommon for an individual be listed under a nickname or an abbreviation of their name
- Your ancestor may have immigrated to another country. Search the records of nearby areas or Italy Emigration and Immigration records
- Search the indexes and records of local genealogical societies
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
- New information is constantly being indexed, microfilmed or updated. Periodically check back to see if your ancestor’s records have been added. You can see if the area you’ve been looking in has been recently updated by going to Historical Records Collections. Watch for an asterisk for recently added or updated records
Consult the Italy Record Finder to find other records.
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Italia, Napoli, Forio, Stato Civile (Comune), 1809-1915." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 14 June 2016. Citing Civil State Office. State Archive of Forio.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.