Italy, Forlì-Cesena, Forlì, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Italy, Forlì-Cesena, Forlì, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1806-1815, 1866-1930
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Forlì City, Forlì-Cesena Province, Italy|
|Flag of the Italian Republic|
|Location of Forlì City, Forlì-Cesena Province, Italy|
|Record Type:||Civil Registration|
|Collection years:||1806-1815, 1866-1930|
|Title in the Language:||Stato Civile di Forlì-Cesena, Italia, 1806-1815, 1866-1930|
|Forli State Archives, Flori, Italy|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
The collection consists of civil registration (stato civile) of births, marriages, and deaths within the custody of the State Archive of Forlì (Archivio di Stato di Forlì-Cesena). Also includes marriage banns (notificazioni o pubblicazioni); marriage memorandums (atti di memorandum); marriage supplemental documents (processetti); annotations to death records (annotazioni di morte); and miscellaneous records (atti diversi). Records for this collection generally cover the years 1806 to 1815 and 1866 to 1930 but the availability is largely dependent on time period and locality.
Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. Italian Data Privacy rules prohibit making certain records publicly available for viewing. This includes birth records under 110 years old, and marriage or death records under 70 years old. The Italy, Forlì-Cesena, Civil Registration, State Archive collection is available to the Family History Library, FamilySearch Centers, and to members of the supporting organization(s). The images are also available to all viewers at The Portale Antenati (Ancestors Portal).
Reading These Records
These records are in Italian. For help reading these records see the following guides:
- Italy Language and Languages
- Italian Genealogical Word List
- Script Tutorial for Italian
- Italy Handwriting
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Italy, Forlì-Cesena, Forlì, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1806-1815, 1866-1930.|
For additional details about the contents of these records, their history, and help using them see the wiki article: Italy, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records).
How Do I Search This Collection?
Search the Index
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select Province
- Select Comune or frazione (Municipality or Fraction)
- Select Record Type and Year to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Use the estimated age at marriage or death to calculate a birth date
- Make a note of the bride’s maiden name on a marriage record to search her family line
- Note individuals listed as witnesses or godparents. Witnesses and godparents were often relatives
- Your ancestor may have been married in the same locality where she or he was born. Search marriage records for that locality to find your ancestor’s marriage
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, Now What?
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct
- Continue to search the index and records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives who may have lived nearby
- Remember that a baptism date is not always the same as a birth date
- Sometimes a person is buried in a city or town in which they did not die. Do not assume that a burial place is the same as a death place
- Check for variant spellings of the names
- Search the records of nearby localities
- The scope of these records is limited and it is possible that your ancestor is not included, even if they lived in the corresponding place and time
Consult the Italy Record Finder to find other records
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Italia, Forlì-Cesena, Forlì, Stato Civile (Archivio di Stato), 1800-1815, 1866-1930." Database with images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 19 July 2016. Citing Archivio di Stato di Forlì [Forli State Archives].
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.