Italy, Benevento, Arcidiocesi di Benevento, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Italy, Benevento, Arcidiocesi di Benevento, Catholic Church Records, 1575-1908
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Benevento Province, Italy|
|Flag of the Italian Republic|
|Flag of Benevento Province|
|Location of Benevento Province, Italy|
|Title in the Language:||Italia, Benevento, Arcidiocesi di Benevento, Registri Parrocchiali, 1575-1908|
|Benevento Archdiocese, Benevento, Italy|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Known Issues with This Collection
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
The collection consists of images of hand-written indexes to baptisms within the Archdiocese of Benevento (Arcidiocesi di Benevento), Italy. The collection covers the years 1575 to 1908. Availability of records is largely dependent on time period and locality.
Reading These Records
These records are in Italian. For help reading these records see the following guides:
- Italy Language and Languages
- Italian Genealogical Word List
- Script Tutorial for Italian
- Italy Handwriting
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Italy, Benevento, Arcidiocesi di Benevento, Catholic Church Records, 1575-1908.|
For additional details about these records and help using them see Italy Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
How Do I Search This Collection?
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select Comune o frazione (Municipality or Fraction)
- Select Parrochia (Parish)
- Select Tipo di Registro (Register and Year) to view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Italia, Benevento, Arcidiocesi di Benevento. Registri Ecclesiastici, 1604-1908. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Add any new information to your records
- Check the image the index was taken from to see if there is additional information
- Make sure to fully transcribe and cite the record entry for future reference; see the section Citing this Collection for assistance. Save or print a copy of the image
- Use the information to find more. For instance, use the age listed in the record to estimate a year of birth, if that is yet undetermined
- Use the birth date or age along with the place of birth of each spouse to find a couple's birth records and parents' names
- Compile the marriage entries for every person who has the same surname as the bride or groom; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual
- Use the parents' birth places to find former residences and to establish a migration pattern for the family
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, Now What?
- A boundary change could have occurred, and the record of your ancestor is now in a neighboring area. Search the records and indexes of neighboring cities, provinces, and regions
- Check for variants of given names, surnames, and place names
Consult the Italy Record Finder to find other records
Known Issues with This Collection
| Problems with this collection?|
See a list of known issues, workarounds, tips, restrictions, future fixes, news and other helpful information.
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Italia, Benevento, Arcidiocesi di Benevento, Registri Parrocchiali, 1575-1908." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 14 June 2016. Arcidiocesi di Benevento, Benevento (Benevento Archdiocese, Benevento).
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.