Isle of Man Births and Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Isle of Man Births and Baptisms, 1607-1910 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Isle of Man|
|Flag of the Isle of Man|
|Record Type||Births and Baptisms|
|Genealogical Society of Utah|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Known Issues with This Collection
- 7 Citing This Collection
- 8 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection is an index for the years 1607 to 1910.
This index is not complete for any particular place, region or time period. This collection may include information previously published in the International Genealogical Index or Vital Records Index collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?
- The name of the child
- Date and place of birth
- Date and place of christening
- Names of the parents
For details about the contents of these records and help using them see the wiki article Births and Christenings Vital Record Index Collections (FamilySearch Historical Records).
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person you are looking for
- The approximate date of birth
Search the Index
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Use the names of parents to look for the family in census records
- Use the age to approximate a marriage age and look for marriage records
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relations that can be verified by records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- Try viewing the original record to see if there were errors in the transcription of the name, age, residence, etc. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality in an area search
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist during the periods our ancestors lived in. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
"Isle of Man, Births and Baptisms,1607-1910." Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.