Irvine California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 23 Lake Road Irvine, CA 92604-4579 United States
- Language: English
- Wednesdays: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Calendar and Events
Family Tree training classes are held every Tuesday at 7:00 p.m Classes rotate through the following topics: Quick Start Family Tree, Sources, Memories, Using Ancestry.com with Family Tree, Family History Fun, and Descendancy Research.
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The Irvine Family History Center is equipped with nine computers that are connected to the internet and the Family History Center portal. We also have a printer/scanner that can scan photos and documents directly into FamilySearch.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.