Ireland Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Ireland Deaths, 1864-1870
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of Ireland|
|Genealogical Society of Utah|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection is an index for the years 1864 to 1870. This index is not complete for any particular place, region or time period. This collection may include information previously published in the International Genealogical Index or Vital Records Index collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?
- Name of the deceased
- Date and place of death
- Birth year
- Marital status
- May contain names of spouse or parents
A coverage table for this collection is available is the wiki article Ireland Deaths, Coverage Table (FamilySearch Historical Records)
A coverage table for this collection is available is the wiki article Ireland Deaths, Civil Registration, Coverage table (FamilySearch Historical Records)
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person you are looking for
- Approximate date of death
Search the Index
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- If possible, use what you know to find an image of the original record. The index contains only basic identifying information for a person; the original record therefore may contain more information not found in the index
- Use the information to locate funeral home, obituary or cemetery record
- Use the information to find other records such as birth, christening, marriage, census, land and probate records
- Continue to search the index for family members
- Use the information you have found to find the person in census records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relations that can be verified by records
- Check for other names. They might have been listed under a middle name, a nickname or an abbreviation of their given name
- A woman may have returned to her maiden name after the death of her husband
- Search the records of nearby locations
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
"Ireland Deaths, 1864-1870" Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.