Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Wonosobo, Naturalization Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Wonosobo, Naturalization Records, 1927-2011
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Wonosobo, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia|
|Flag of the Republic of Indonesia|
|Location of Wonosobo, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia|
|Title in the Language:||Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Wonosobo, Catatan Naturalisasi|
|Pengadilan Negeri Wonosobo|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
These records date from 1927 to 2011 and contain naturalization and citizenship-related records from the District Court of Purwodadi, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia. This specific collection includes the following record types:
- Penetapan Ahli Waris (heir appointment documents)
- Permohonan Akte Kelahiran (applications for birth certificates)
- Permohonan Perceraian (applications for divorce)
- Pewarganegaraan (naturalizations)
- Surat Bukti Kewarganegaraan Republik Indonesia (SBKRI)
The Surat Bukti Kewarganegaraan Republik Indonesia (SBKRI), or applications for citizenship, were primarily filled out by Chinese Immigrants to Indonesia.
Reading These Records
These records are written in Indonesian. For help reading these records see the following:
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Wonosobo, Naturalization Records, 1927-2011.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The information in these records usually include the following:
For additional details about these records and help using them see Indonesia, Naturalization and Citizenship Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) and Indonesia, Civil Registration Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
This collection includes the following record types:
| Indonesian Name of Document
|| English Name of Document
|| Year Range of Collection|
| Penetapan Ahli Waris
|| Heir Appointment Documents
| Permohonan Akte Kelahiran
|| Applications for Birth Certificates
| Permohonan Perceraian
|| Applications for Divorce
|| Naturalization Records
| Surat Bukti Kewarganegaraan Republik Indonesia (SBKRI)
|| Application for Indonesian Citizenships
Surat Bukti Kewarganegaraan Republik Indonesia (SBKRI) usually documents ethnic Chinese people living in Indonesia.
For a list of record categories and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse.
How Do I Search This Collection?
To search this collection for records, it would be helpful to know the following information:
- Name of immigrant or person
- Approximate year of event, such as immigration or divorce
- Place of last residence or event
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select Record Type
- Select Year and Number(s) to view the images
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Wonosobo, Naturalization Records, 1927-2011. Some catalog records link to multiple digital image records. In this case, click on a digital image record to find a camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Use the age to calculate the year of birth
- Use the names of the parents to search for their naturalization records.
- Look at passenger arrival records can help you determine when an ancestor arrived and the port of departure. They can also help identify family and community members who arrived together and the country they came from
- Use the information found in the Naturalization Records to determine when vital events in your ancestor's life occurred. This can lead to information that can point to additional family members and generations
- Use the information to find other records
- Repeat this process with additional family members found, to find more generations of the family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- Check for them with another name. An individual may appear with only one of their names, an abbreviation of their name, or an alias
- Check in the record collections for neighboring localities such as Kendal, Temanggung, Magelang, Purworejo, Kebumen, Banjarnegara, and Batang
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Wonosobo, Naturalization Records, 1927-2011" Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 14 June 2016. Pengadilan Negeri Wonosobo (Wonosobo District Court, Wonosobo).
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.