|Indonesia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Indonesia, family history and genealogy parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Indonesia is an island country in Asia and Oceania whose nearest neighbors are Papua New Guinea, East Timor, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, Australia, and Palau. The official language is Indonesian.
Getting Started with Indonesia Research
Links to articles on getting started with Indonesia research.
Indonesia Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Indonesia research.
Genealogy records are kept on the local level in Indonesia.
Genealogy records are kept on the local level in Indonesia. Regions:
- Indonesian provinces and their capitals, listed by region
Indonesian name is in parentheses if different from English.
* indicates provinces with special status
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- Wikipedia contributors, "Indonesia," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesia, accessed 28 April 2016.